One of Waterloo’s most popular neighbourhoods for families. The Beechwood neighbourhood is unique from all other neighbourhoods in the region as it offers a strong sense of community through its local community centres. Each community centre is slightly different, however, many offer swimming, tennis and in some cases basketball.
What will you find in Beechwood?
- Beautiful large homes with traditional layouts, on large lots with lots of mature trees and landscaping
- Quiet streets and several courts for extra privacy
- Large, mature greenspaces, trails, parks and playgrounds
What’s close by?
- Childcare facilities
- Shopping centres including grocery stores
- And depending on what part of Beechwood you are in it is within walking distance to places like the University of Waterloo.
- The public schools for this neighbourhood are well respected and include a French Immersion option. Schools include – Mary Johnston Public School (JK – 6), Keatsway Public School (JK -6), Centennial Middle School (7-8) and Waterloo Collegiate Institute (9-12).
- The catholic schools are also highly ranked and include Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School or St Nicholas Catholic School depending on your location within the neighbourhood. Highschool students go to Resurrection Secondary Catholic School.
Within Beechwood there are several subsections you will encounter included, but not limited to, Upper Beechwood I, Upper Beechwood II, Beechwood North, Beechwood South, Beechwood Park, and Beechwood Bridlegate.