What’s going on for Family Day Weekend?
This weekend is the Family Day holiday, and even though our options for family fun activities are limited right now, there’s no reason it can’t be special. Looking for some ideas? Here’s some inspiration for you:
- Outdoor skating is open and free on local community rinks. See what’s open in Kitchener and Waterloo. Tobogganing hills are open, too!
- Local Farmers’ Markets are open this Saturday in Kitchener, Cambridge, and St. Jacobs
- Several local parks operated by the Grand River Conservation Authority are open for winter activities, including snowshoeing, cross country skiing, ice fishing, and hiking. See what’s available here
- THEMUSEUM is hosting a Virtual Family Day Hack Jam, where your family can get creative together with fun maker projects. Click here to learn more
- Support a local restaurant by ordering some delicious takeout for a Valentines or Family Day feast
- Don’t just watch Netflix alone! Make it social by hosting a Netflix Party, and watch a favourite movie with friends and family from afar.
- Put on your apron and bake Valentines Day sugar cookies! Here’s a recipe from one of our favourite baking sites
Whatever you end up doing, we hope it’s spent enjoying the company of the ones you love!